Steph Webb, Cambridgeshire County Council Youth & Community Co-ordinator, made a presentation to the Council at the last meeting with regards to her role and her department which is for 0–19-year-olds. She detailed the two grants currently available, a £500 COVID-enabler grant and the £1000 Community Reach Fund for a longer-term project such as a Youth Club or Youth Council.
The Youth and Community Co-ordinator role is to help build community capacity through liaising, supporting and working collaboratively with a range of community members and agencies in Cambridgeshire. This is carried out with groups who primarily work with 0-19’s and their wider families.
- We help and support community groups to identify needs in their local area and address these from within the community. This community led service is achieved through a process known as Asset Based Community Development.
- We guide and support groups to understand the needs, gain skills, tools and assets needed to achieve their aims and support their community.
- Groups who would like further support can be guided by us, to ensure they have their governance, any training, and processes completed, to ensure safe practice for their projects in their community.
- We can also help with signposting to funding, linking with other community groups, and sharing relevant information.
- We also have a small grant called a Community Reach Fund (CRF). This is a great starting point to help a group get started as it can support costs such as DBS, Liability Insurance and some small start-up resources.
Further information can be found on this document: Youth Provider Offer
Hilton Parish Council would like to invite parishioners to come forward if they would like to set up a youth club in the village and the Parish Council will refer them to Steph. If you are interested, please contact the Clerk –