A1307 Westbound Fenstanton to Huntingdon: resurfacing
A141 Westbound Huntingdon to Brampton Hut: resurfacing
I write to inform you that we’ll be carrying out essential resurfacing work between the above locations. During these works, we will also be renewing the road markings and studs.
We plan to complete this work over 6 weeks from Monday 14 June to Tuesday 27 July, on weeknights only, between 9pm and 6am, subject to weather conditions.
To carry out the work safely, we will need to close the road. We have closely liaised with the local authority to agree the most suitable diversion routes as detailed below:
A1307 Fenstanton roundabout to A1307 Huntingdon, westbound only, starting Monday 14 June to Tuesday 27 July.
- Motorway traffic will be diverted via the A14 at junction 24, before merging onto the A1 to the Brampton Hut Interchange, take the A141 exit and follow eastbound before re-joining the A1307 at Hinchingbrooke, junction 23.
- Non-motorway traffic will be diverted off the A14 at Bar Hill onto the B1050, join the A1123 at Earith and continue along the A1123 until you reach Huntingdon. (Diagram 1)
A141 Huntingdon to Brampton Hut, westbound only, starting Monday 14 June to Friday 23 July.
To minimise disruption this closure will be split into phases, as follows:
- Monday 14 June for one night
- Thursday 17 June for one night
- Monday 21 June to Thursday 1 July
- Friday 9 July to Friday 23 July
Traffic will continue to follow the A1307 past junction 23, then exit the A1307 at the first exit to join the B1043, before joining the A1 southbound, exit at Brampton Hut Interchange to join the A14 westbound. (Diagram 2)
Please note that we will be carrying out additional work later in the summer, we will write to you again nearer the time with further information.